The contract is signed, the checks are sent and we have our shoots set up.
We will have a great line up at each location and there is still room for a few more at the Pacific NW and ATAA Conference shoot. If you think you might like to come, contact me privately. The Kentucky Horse Park is full!
Jon at HorseFlicks is absolutely awesome to work with and this looks to be another really good video.
We are still accepting donations (there is always something that comes up), any amount will help. Thank you SO MUCH to everyone that has donated so far.
If you have professional video of you and your Teke doing something wonderful (with permissions to use the video) and/or professional photographs (permission is also needed), please send them to either Tish at [email protected] or me at [email protected]
Tish, Cathy and Terri
Hi everyone, here are the latest updates:
1. The HorseFlicks contract is signed and on its way to Jon along with the deposit check.
2. Catrina Quantrell is donating pulled pork and buns for the Saturday night ‘after filming’ party. So, please plan to bring side dishes, desserts and drinks. I will have water for during the day available.
3. We don’t know exactly what the schedule will be for Saturday. Some will depend on what Jon wants, some can depend on if people need to arrive later on. Let me know if you have needs we can work around.
4. Make sure I know how many stalls you need before the actual date. Most of you already have, but if you haven’t, please let me know. Also, if you need an RV set up, let me know.
5. Bring all the tack, show clothes etc that you have. Everyone will get to do double duty.
6. Bring your friends along too – not only will we need extra helpers (no doubt), but it will be lots of fun.
If you know of anyone else that might be interested, please pass the word! I have included some people that have said they can’t come, but I’m still hoping that might change.
Thank you, Cathy and Tish
OK, it’s been a while. Here is where we are on some issues:
1. HorseFlicks contract will be signed and the deposit sent (thank you Amrita!) within the next day or so. Our 3 locations will have a wide variety of horses and people coming. Of the 24 or so people participating, at least 7 are not ATAA members. Maybe they will be next year! We also have the option of buying still photos from the shoot and so far, everyone is on board with this. This could also give us many more promotional photos for ATAA use.
2. Jas has graciously accepted the Nominating Chair position. We will have 2 open positions, both of which were those of non-performing members and were filled by Catrina and Betsy. I hope they both run again as they’ve been great assets!
3. Conference is coming along. Terri has the hotel and barn set up. If you have issues you’d like discussed during the meeting, please contact her. I’ve already heard from several non-ATAA members that they are planning on coming – it should be fun!
4. Registrations continue to go out. Amrita and I have figured out a pretty good system to make sure we don’t miss anything.
5. Don’t forget to start nominating people for the ATAA awards, I’m sure Betsy and Catrina will have some nifty stuff to give out.
6. Yearbook – Betsy wants to get something done for the Conference. Let’s make sure WE all get stuff in. I will send a blurb out to the membership within the next week. (Betsy, is that ok with you?)
7. July newsletter is almost done. I should (!) get it out before the end of the month. As it’s the last one before the conference, I’m trying to make sure I don’t miss anything.
Busy, busy! We’ll all be seeing each other in the not too distant future. Keep up the good work.
We are signing the HorseFlicks Akhal-Teke Rare Breeds episode contract today! We have 3, count ‘em, 3 filming locations around the United States to give as many people and horses as possible the opportunity to participate in this once in a lifetime promotional event.
Pacific NW – Washington State Horse Park, August 10th
Midwest- Spring Creek Stables at the ATAA Yearly Conference, October 4th
South(ish)- Kentucky Horse Park, October 12th or 13th.
We’ve had a great outpouring of donations (thank you to everyone that has donated), but of course, a little more wouldn’t hurt! There are always incidental costs that we don’t anticipate. Donations may be sent to ATAA Treasurer, Amrita Ibold, 2097 W. Valley Rd, Friday Harbor, WA 98250, and please mark them ‘HorseFlicks’. Anything left over will be put in the promotion fund for our next promotional event.
If you’d like more information or think you might like to participate (or donate), please contact Cathy Leddy at [email protected], Tish Saare at [email protected] or Terri Fender at [email protected]
Cathy, Tish and Terri
From your board members hard at work...To subscribe to this blog and get the daily news, add us to your favorite RSS feed reader!