OK, it’s been a while. Here is where we are on some issues:
1. HorseFlicks contract will be signed and the deposit sent (thank you Amrita!) within the next day or so. Our 3 locations will have a wide variety of horses and people coming. Of the 24 or so people participating, at least 7 are not ATAA members. Maybe they will be next year! We also have the option of buying still photos from the shoot and so far, everyone is on board with this. This could also give us many more promotional photos for ATAA use.
2. Jas has graciously accepted the Nominating Chair position. We will have 2 open positions, both of which were those of non-performing members and were filled by Catrina and Betsy. I hope they both run again as they’ve been great assets!
3. Conference is coming along. Terri has the hotel and barn set up. If you have issues you’d like discussed during the meeting, please contact her. I’ve already heard from several non-ATAA members that they are planning on coming – it should be fun!
4. Registrations continue to go out. Amrita and I have figured out a pretty good system to make sure we don’t miss anything.
5. Don’t forget to start nominating people for the ATAA awards, I’m sure Betsy and Catrina will have some nifty stuff to give out.
6. Yearbook – Betsy wants to get something done for the Conference. Let’s make sure WE all get stuff in. I will send a blurb out to the membership within the next week. (Betsy, is that ok with you?)
7. July newsletter is almost done. I should (!) get it out before the end of the month. As it’s the last one before the conference, I’m trying to make sure I don’t miss anything.
Busy, busy! We’ll all be seeing each other in the not too distant future. Keep up the good work.
From your board members hard at work...To subscribe to this blog and get the daily news, add us to your favorite RSS feed reader!